Thursday 10 March 2011

Story Of Us

CHAPTER 1


      I’m the type of girl who thinks less is more, your typical girl-next-door, never show and say out what I truly feel, am never overly confident with myself- neither appearance nor abilities, shy but can be outspoken at times, timid, always in control of my emotions, never emotionless yet never get overly excited and my idea of the perfect date definitely does NOT include going out for a movie, instead I would rather go to the theme park and have a wonderful time playing, strolling down the beach or perhaps just lying on the green grass watching the twinkling stars with my other half- IF I could find one. I’m not the fairytale princess kind of girl so take note of the capital ‘if.’ 

  
CHAPTER 2:

          Phew!! Time flew like a jet plane. Summer came and ended just like things should be and here I was celebrating my 19th birthday with my ever so lovely family. I like to keep my birthday simple and personal. What other way to celebrate your birthday than to celebrate it with your loved ones? The week after was my best friend, Anne’s birthday party. She had been my one and only best friend since I was 7. I used to be a very shy and quiet girl when I was little and Anne was the first person who talked to me on my first day of school. She was so full of life and outspoken, and without being asked she immediately took her pink little bag with butterfly prints on the lining of the zip and sat beside me in class. I adored her since the first day we met. She invited everybody she knew which meant almost everybody in our small little town. I wore my best yellow dress and curled my long black hair for the first time ever. I never really put on any make up so I ended up asking my sister to help me with that. As I arrived at the party, the place was already crowded with people. So many familiar faces were there. Even the school cafeteria lady was there!
I wished Anne happy birthday and gave her her gift which I made myself for the entire week. I knitted a green scarf for her with our initials embedded together in a rose which was carried by a white dove. She loved roses and doves!
      I was standing alone when I spotted a guy with dark hair and beautiful blue eyes across the room. There was something so familiar about this guy. His angelic sparkling blue eyes struck me like lightning. I saw those eyes before. I tried recalling every person I knew but his face seemed vague in my memory. Our eyes met and time stood still for a moment. It suddenly felt like there were only two of us in the room. We walked towards each other and he started to introduce himself. His name was Ethan. We started to talk and we clicked instantly. We talked all night long and did not realize that it was already 11.35pm and we had to leave. We tried to prolong the time, doing our best to just come up with any stupid reason to stay just a little bit longer. Finally at 12.40 am we said our goodbyes. We did not exchange our numbers. We decided to make a deal that if we were meant for each other, we would meet again one day by surprise. Boy, you didn’t know how much I prayed after that unforgettable night that we would meet again soon. That night I couldn’t shut my eyes. His face and the way he looked straight into my eyes like a laser beam when I talked to him enchanted me. Growing up I never really believed in fairytales and happily ever after. I don’t fantasize about romance and prince charming the entire time. For me those things are just make-believe. A white shining armor riding on a white horse suddenly comes and sweeps you off your feet? Who on earth believed that? But after meeting him my negative perceptions on happy endings and fairytales vanished in a split second in the midnight mist. There was something real familiar about him and his charming eyes and I was still trying to figure it out. 

CHAPTER 3

      A year went by and I did not see him. I started to lose hope and convinced myself that maybe we were just not meant for each other. Maybe my perceptions about fairytales and happy endings from the very beginning were true after all. There was no such thing as fairytales. What was I thinking? Who was I kidding in the first place? So I went through my days trying real hard to move on and get Ethan out of my head. Eventually, I made it. 
      But lately, a buried childhood memory kept flashing trough my head. I remember the first time we met just like it happened yesterday. I was having a wonderful day walking at a street market with my mum when I got lost in a sea of people. A minute seemed eternity when I searched for my mum. I could not hold my tears any longer and there I stood in the middle of the crowded street bawling my eyes out. Suddenly a hand touched my shoulder and I looked up. There, a boy about my age with dark hair was standing in front of me and was staring straight at me with his angelic blue eyes. His consoling and kind face made me stop crying almost immediately. All of a sudden, I didn’t know why, I felt safe. It seemed impossible that time for 2 short little kids who looked like they had been swallowed by sea of people to go searching for a person. So we decided to just sit at the pavement and wait for my mum to come searching for me. He accompanied me there patiently until my mum found me. That was the last time I saw his face.
      “Oh God! Is he really who I think he is??” That was the first thing that came out from my mouth absent-mindedly when I realized what had happened. Ethan was the boy. Those angelic blue eyes... It was Ethan. I felt a sudden rush in my heart and mind. Millions of questions kept running in my head. Should I be happy that I finally knew who he was? What if we never laid eyes on each other again? Should I go searching for him now but how? Should I just forget him and move on? If things were not meant to be then maybe they weren’t meant to be, right?? That night I prayed that I would meet Ethan again.


            

1 comment:

  1. @.@ it's quite long but nice to read~ Anyway, just follow your heart so that u wun be regret later... and wish u all the best ^^

    ReplyDelete