Monday 21 March 2011

Let It Go. Fly With The Wind

My mind was in a war zone for these past few days. I NEVER cried in front of people(except when I'm watching emotional movies)because to me crying is a sign of weakness so NEVER show your weaknesses to people but damn! For the 1st time I failed. I was in a battle of emotions that I really need to go somewhere peaceful, some place where there is someone who will willingly and always guide me no matter what situation I'm in. So, I went to the only place I know that brings so much peace to my heart, mind and soul- Seck Kia Eenh.


I took a book in the Shrine Hall, brought it home and read it. Ahhhh...Perfect! It was just what I needed. The words in the book are so true, meaningful and so awakening that all of a sudden I found myself smiling. Suddenly, all the hatred and anger in me vanished in thin air. Therefore I've decided to share with you the new happiness I've found and the priceless teachings I've learnt. This is especially for you my dearest sister. I know you're going through a hard time now just like I do so I hope this will make you strong and take away all your pain. Love you alot!=)


Everything in this world is impermanent. Same goes to happiness and sorrow, good times and bad times. Only fools will wish for good things to last for eternity or think that bad moments will forever continue to be bad. When you're in a happy and good moment, don't expect it to last forever and don't be sad if it ends because like I said nothing is permanent. Cherish and enjoy every second of it and when it ends, let it go, let it fly away with contentment and joy. When you're in a bad time, accept it and deal it with grace. Let those bad moments go, let it fly with the wind. Sooner or later, things will get better. As you all know, life is like a roller coaster ride. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down. When you're up, you won't stay there forever and same goes when you're down, you won't stay down forever.


Don't dwell in sadness, anger and frustration, and don't attach yourself with defilements. Don't be stupid! There is no use in getting angry or staying angry all the time because the only person hurting is you not others. ( I'm learning to control my anger now after reading this from the book.)


Metta is the most important thing you have to learn in life. Metta is the boundless and unconditional love that we radiate to all beings. Metta is "simple love" because we love without attaching conditions and without expecting anything in return. I came across a beautiful saying by St Francis of Assisi in the book. It said: Lord, Grant that I may not so much seek to be loved than to love. Another one that totally blew me away is words written by Wystan Hugh Auden, that is: 'We are here on earth to do good for others. What the others are here for, I don't know.' Therefore, treat others well like how you want others to treat you. Even if someone hurts you in any way, don't wish them bad. Throw all the hatred and anger away. Keep that love and kindness in your heart no matter what, for it will glow and shine through your eyes, and radiate through your face. This is your best "cosmetics" to look beautiful. Let the anger and hatred go and fly with the wind. This will give you your everlasting inner peace and happiness.=)  


So after thinking deeply and thoroughly about the situation I'm in, I no longer am angry to the people who hurt me so much. To the people who hurt me deeply, I don't wish you bad. In fact, I don't feel anything at all anymore. Starting today, I'm going to radiate metta to all the people I'm with.   

2 comments: