Saturday 12 March 2011

Beauty Or Brain?

Beauty or brain? One of the most common questions asked by people around the world. Let's be honest. How many of you will sincerely choose brain? If you sincerely-cross your heart, choose brain over beauty then two thumbs up for you and the toes too! It's undeniable that most people will be attracted to beautiful things first. No matter how ridiculously smart you are or how amazingly beautiful you are in the inside, people will always, ALWAYS see and judge you from the outside first then the inside. And so they said from the appearance first then to the content. Just take the simplest examples from your everyday life. When you catch someone walking down the street with an amazing figure and perfect look, and another one with a not-so-perfect face, which one will you be attracted to first? Which one will u intentionally (to me annoyingly) call and disturb or maybe just quietly tell your friends around you to look and get all horny?- In my term horny=gatal. I experience this at work everyday with my Myanmar friends (they're the ones who always look at the pretty and sexy girls) that I find it really annoying so the best solution is to be just like them. I would tell them which customers or passers-by are handsome and you will die laughing when you see how annoyed they are with me. I'm just letting them taste their own medicine.hehe..>.< but i don't think they realise that. Another example is when you're in a place full of people, who will you approach? Someone dashingly beautiful or handsome, or someone just plain looking and not attractive? This one is easy. This happens in movies all the time. Yes, you can't blame people for acting this way because we're all born this way. But just imagine yourself born with a face that by just looking at you once is enough or with a body that people quietly criticise or laugh at your back. How would you feel? Just like anybody else you would definitely want some attention from the opposite sex once in awhile right? If everybody follows the 'tradition' appearance first personality later then I don't think people will ever know our personalities and what we're made of. When people say that they like or are attracted to me, I can't help but wonder if they really like me for who I truly am or it is just because of my appearance. I'm not saying that I'm beautiful but what I got from guys I only knew for a few months lately is 'you're very beautiful. I like you alot/ I love you.' It kills me to the core to hear that. I'm flattered that people find me beautiful( to be honest I always have self-esteem problem) but seriously?!?! If I were to look unattractive in any way would they still fall for me? Imagine this happening to you. How would you react? Will you accept them as your boyfriend if they only like you for how you look? A guy who loves me for who I am, loves my personality, who finds my flaws beautiful and would still love me no matter how ugly I may look and loves both my outer and inner beauty, would definitely be on top of my list and have the key to my heart. Do you want others to see your appearance first before anything else comes along? Treat people like how you want to be treated. This will be the lesson for me to learn too. A lesson not to be shallow minded. So are you in?    

4 comments:

  1. ok, u're in! thank u for ur support! lalat mmg baik..i wont kill them anymore.lol..=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete