Thursday 4 August 2011

I Will Remember You

There is this girl who is very tall, extremely smart and funny. Her presence will take those grey clouds away immediately. This girl is one of my best friends from secondary school and her name is Priya. They say true friends are hard to find but they lied because I found you.

I loved having her and a few of my besties around back in high school. (You know who you are) The fondest memories were the ones where we would all bring our food during recess and ate together at the back of our school building, facing the graveyard and near to the school toilet. When I think about it, it's funny that we chose that particular place instead of a better one with better view and aroma. That would be our favourite spot; sitting, eating, talking and laughing together. Oh, how I miss those times.

I was and still am not really good in physics and our lessons would always be held in the laboratory. Some of us would be chosen to sit in the front row for thorough supervision and guess who was selected? Me!!!! *patting myself in the back* (proud tears) *sob sob*My physics teacher for some reasons I was not quite sure of, would always and I really mean ALWAYS asked me to stand up and answer his questions or even worse, asked me to go to the front of the class and write the solutions on the blackboard. Yay!!! I was the chosen one again!!! Judging from the countless times I kept being the chosen one, I bet I would already be a super hero by now if this was a super hero movie instead of a regular physics class. So, when I was selected to save the world, ooopppsss! I mean to answer the questions, I would always quietly and carefully looked around at my besties for anwers. Luckily all my besties were the masters of physics so they would happily tell me or should I say signalled and whispered me the answers as if those questions were a cinch. This is just another beautiful yet funny memory that will forever be in my mind and heart.

Priya has been MIA- missing in action for quite some time and to be honest, I am missing her dearly. Fortunatley, about a month ago she suddenly appeared back in Facebook and I was extremely relieved that she was okay but she soon disappeared again a few days later. Today, I received a letter from her. I'm super touched and happy that she doesn't forget about me and even has the heart to write and send me a letter. True friends will always be true friends. This is the letter she sent to me and the content.
Ody is a nickname given to me by my besties and only they can call me that. If you ever dare call me that I will seriously chop off your head, shove it down the toilet bowl and flush it.
 I will keep this forever.

Priya, I just wanna say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for the letter, thank you for being my good friend and thank you for everything. I'm so lucky and proud to have known you in this life. There will never be another one like you ever. I will be there for you if you'd ever needed someone and I will stand by you. The last time I talked to you, you told me that life was tough but you know what? You're tougher!!! Just stay strong when life gets hard because I know you're a one strong girl. Keep your spirit high and never let the lively girl in you dies. You are a diamond in a rough and you know that. We'll keep in touch soon and remember that I love you!!!
Lots of love, hugs and kisses from me too,
Ody

PS: This song's for you. It's exactly what I wanna say to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment