Sunday 14 August 2011

Born This Way

Never good enough. That explains everything. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try and no matter what you do you'll never be good enough in some people's eyes and you'll feel more crappy if those people are the ones you want to impress the most. Sometimes I wonder what must I do to make them be proud of me. I was never a troubled kid, I don't mix with the wrong crowd, I don't smoke neither do I take drugs, I got decent grades in my major exams. What else do they want from me? I've done almost everything I possibly could but some people will never notice that. Even now when I'm on my way to entering university taking a good course, I'm still never gonna be good enough. I'm tired of being compared to someone else. I'm tired of people telling me how great others are and that how I am not that type of person they wanted me to be. I'm fed up of people telling me who and what I should become.

And so I realised that whatever I do to impress them is useless. You can try for a thousand years but you will never be that person others expect you to be. If you try your whole life trying to please others and be someone else but yourself, you will soon figure out that you're actually throwing your whole life away. I found this quote to be totally true; 'God has given you one face and you make yourself another- William Shakespeare'. Almost all of us are trying our best to mould a person we're not because to most of us being ourselves is never good enough and so we're trying so hard to mould a person who would be the epitome of perfection to everybody else surrounding us. We're so carried away to meet the expectations of others that we forgot that this is our lives that we're living in. We're too carried away that instead of chasing our own happiness, we are actually trying to fulfill the "happiness" of others. Remember that you are who you are. Don't try to be someone else just so you could fit into a mould others prepare for you. It is nothing wrong with being true to yourself and leading you own life, making your own decision. You can only improve yourself and be a better version of yourself, not trying or pretending to be someone you're not or doing things you know for sure you dislike. Take for an example; if you're perky and loud, so just be it. That's who you are. You don't have to be all soft-spoken and gentle just because someone ask you to be that way or because everybody else is being that way. Be who you are and appreciate yourself; the way you look, your personalities. Also, you don't have to lead a life that others tell you or have planned for you. If you really love for instance baking and you would love to open a bakery one day but the people surrounding are telling you to be a doctor and are going full force against your dream, all you have to do is have faith in yourself and do the things your heart desire. It is your life not theirs.

So, I am not going to let anybody get to me now. I've done all I can to prove to them that I'm as good as anybody else and that just being me is good enough but if my efforts are not being appreciated, then I rest my case. There is no point trying to live up to their words and I'm happy just being me. There is only one me in this world and there is only one life I'm living. No more trying to change myself to suit other people's taste. I love myself and there will never be anybody else like me. What you see is what you get. So, it's either you take it or leave it. Therefore, to all you people out there, remember you were born an original. Don't die a copy. Peace!  

No comments:

Post a Comment