Wednesday 13 April 2011

Chef Melody Was Born!

I've been telling myself since forever that I wanna learn how to cook. My grandma & my mum are great cooks and my sis has the skill in cooking too. So, I don't want to be the sole loser and the only one in the family who doesn't have any skill in the kitchen. Therefore, it's time to walk the talk. Yesterday my mum taught me my 1st peranakan delicacy. To be honest, this is not my 1st ever dish I've ever cooked. I tried my hands in cooking a few years back and it was western food. Don't know why but I always have an interest in learning how to cook western delicacies especially the fine dining ones. But this time it's time to go back to my own root and learn ALL the peranakan food and also other simple home cooked food that are not only simple but scrumptious too! I'm so grateful to be born into a peranakan family! =) I'm gonna share with you my 1st local food I've cooked myself. To my lovely sis Joanne, don't believe it? You better believe it!! This is the proof! I have talent in cooking too!! Muahahaha!!!!

Day 1

Pongteh Chicken !! 


           

Day 2
Seaweed soup & Cencaru marinated with curry powder





2 comments: